From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configured axes not being included in built executable

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using SoftMotion Lite to control 4 stepper motors via an expansion chassis. When running my application within LabVIEW, everything works fine. All motors work exactly as expected and I have the four axes configured within the project. However, when I try to build and run an executable the application is not able to see the configured axes. Attempting to execute an invoke node on any of the axes results in error -52024. The attached picture I think pretty acurately shows what the problem is. The menu on the left is a VI running within LabVIEW development, while the menu on the right is running within the executable. My question then is how do I include my configured axes when building an executable? I'm sure this is probably an easy fix but I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong. If anyone could shed some light on this it would be much appreaciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,715 Views)

Hi aleclspin,

You mentioned you are using SoftMotion Lite. I found this page that describes the functionality of SoftMotion vs SoftMotion lite. 

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/9414/en/

It looks like SoftMotion Lite may not include functionality to use custom axes in an executable (see the table). Is this something that you have been able to accomplish before or that you are trying for the first time?

Robert

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,674 Views)

Leeroy, my axes aren't really "custom", they are just configured, as in I just added the axis to the project and changed the settings using the properties menu. The link you gave doesn't say anything about building an executable, so my guess is if that was the problem then I wouldn't be able to get my motors moving at all.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,669 Views)

Hi aleclspin,

What versions of LabVIEW, SoftMotion, RT/FPGA are you using? Also, would please post pictures of your block diagram and where the error is occuring?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,647 Views)

Frank,

I am using Labview 2014 and SofMotion Lite 2014. I am using scan engine to communicate with an expansion chassis, so I am not using RT or FPGA on the PC. I have attached a picture of the block diagram where the error occurs, although I'm not sure this will be helpful. As I stated before, everything works fine within development. It is only when attempting to build an executable that the error occurs. The error is clearly an issue with the configured axes resources not being available within the executable as the axes do not show up as options when I attempt to use controls instead of constants. Obviously this would explain why I get error -52024 when attempting to use a constant that references an unavailable resource.block_diagram_error_point.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,630 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author aleclspin

Update: Figured it out, my antivirus was causing the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,619 Views)