Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bode plot for C series cRIO

Hi all,

I have a DC motor NI 9505, and cRIO 9024. How is that possible to have the Bode plot for the motor since it is controlled in FPGA. Now I have the motor running by the PID controller in FPGA but I am not able to plot Bode diagram for the motor. I am quite new to LabVIEW and I really appreciate any help.

Regards,

Sami

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,828 Views)

Hi Sami,

Bode plots can be representedwith LabVIEW by waveform Charts and Graphs.

While it is possible to represent graphical data in your FPGA code, usually it is ill-advised. You should consider reserving your FPGA recourses, and perhaps think about sending the data collected in your FPGA to a grapchical UI compiled in either the Real Time enviroment or straight to the PC. However, as your are using the PID functions, which output their setpoints as a FXP data type, Fixed-point numbers are not supported with Graphs and Indicators, and cannot be represented in a graph without conversion.  LabVIEW will try to represent them as double numbers, which in turn, are not supported while using the LV FPGA since the FPGA is not able to handle floating point math.

I eager you to take a look at the following example for more reference

http://www.ni.com/example/30814/en/

If any further questions arise, don't hesitate to post them, and we'll be happy to answer them

Best regards,

Rasmus Pettersson

Application Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,805 Views)

Thank you for your response.

Regards,

Sami

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,788 Views)