From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the SH68-c68-S and SHC68-c68-S cables interchangeable?

Solved!
Go to solution

The SH68-C68-S is specified for the UMI-7764 and the SHC68-C68-S is specified for the UMI-7774, but are these cables both compatible with the UMI-7774?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,346 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steve82

Hello, 

Though the cables do appear to be very similar, it is not adviseable to use these cables interchangeably. The main difference is in the internal wiring. The SH68 cable is also utilized for DAQ cards and has wired common grounds, which can create issues with motion cards. The following KnowledgeBase articles can provide more infor and specs. 

[1] What Cables Do I Need with My NI-Motion Hardware? 

[2] Can I Use a Motion Cable With a M-Series DAQ Card? 

Regards, 

Huntington

Notes for Branch AE:
Please reply to This Post within 24 hours
The US AE is expected to reply to all of your posts within 24 hours. Having this expectation will keep the escalation moving quickly and toward a fast resolution.

You can also use other communication channels: Phone, Skype, etc. to discuss the issue with the US AE. This can help with troubleshooting and quick diagnosis of the issue.

Click here to provide kudos for a post on this page
Message 2 of 2
(5,295 Views)