Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arbitrary Digital waveform to control stepper motor error-89120

I'm looking for some advice:

My ultimate aim is synchronised control of up to 4 stepper motors, allowing adjustment of the acceleration/deceleration and position of each.

The NI hardware I have is a PCI-6221 DAQ board, a generic stepper motor drive/motor  and Labview 2012.

What I hope to do is create separate digital waveform profiles to send to the "step" input of the motor drivers, synchronised from the same clock/timing signal.  

Some of the timing signals will be less that 1ms.

For the the first basic step: I am trying to  create a single arbitrary digital waveform and send that to a digital output of the card port0/line0.  In the example I attach I'm trying to set the "rate" at 1kHz and send 1000 samples of alternate 1's and 0's to the output.  I know that I can achieve this standard on/off profile using a counter output (i.e.ctr0), but I eventually want to use an arbitrary digital waveform.

When running the VI I encounter an error -89120  "Source terminal to be routed could not be found on the device".  At the moment the source for the DAQmx timing VI is the OnboardClock, I've tried some of the other options such as /Dev2/do/SampleClock  but am still encountering the same error message.

Any advice from the community would be much appreciated.

Regards

Duncan

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,194 Views)