Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AKM Brushless Servo Cables

Hello All,

I am interested in buying the AKM Brushless servo, particularly the AKM2X and AKM3X series. I intend to use these motors with a third party drive. However the only accessories that are offered at the NI website are the AKD-to-AKM power cable and AKD-to-AKM feedback cable.

My question are:

1. What kind of cables are requires for third party drive power and feedback interface?

2. Are the servo end connectors standard off-the-shelf of specialized Kollmorgen connectors?

Thank you.

Regards,

Ansari

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,807 Views)

Ansari,

The Kollmorgen AKM servo motors are available with several different connector types, but the ones that NI sells will have the double rotating connectors that work with the AKM to AKD cablesets. The power cable is already split to bare wires, but the feedback connector is a D-sub connector that would need to be stripped to be used with a third party drive with a different connector. The connectors are Kollmorgen specific, so you would need to purchase the corresponding cableset to the motor.

I would highly recommend using an AKD drive with these motors, as they offer the best plug and play operation with the motor and with any of our motor controllers. Kollmorgen may have bare wire cable sets for the AKM motors, but the best solution will be to pair the motors with an AKD drive.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,757 Views)