Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9401 Recall

Greetings,

I am a quality engineer at a contract manufacturer. We incorporate your devices in many of the systems we build and in the case of medical devices are concerned with what information you provide to us in the event of a product recall. I would like you to tell me how these recalls are communicated, and what information is provided. Specifically, the 9401 units have a serial number on the box, but each unit is identified by a bar code number that is different. If there was a recall on the 9401, how would we know which units are impacted by the product recall. Is this communicated by Lot number, Serial number, or bar code number?

Thank you for your help in addressing this concern.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,791 Views)

Hi Erik.R.Quality, 

In the case of a recall, you would be contacted by National Instruments with the part number and serial number of the modules in question. These should both be located on the module. 
The part number is generally a 7 alphanumeric value followed by a dash and 2 digits (ex. 186343C-01) and the serial number is generally a 6 alphanumeric value (ex. CEDB0C).

Shalini M.
Partner Development Engineer
Alliance Partner Network
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,776 Views)

shalumdawg,

Our parts have slightly different numbering schemes. Attached is a picture. I assume the number on the top left is the part number and the number on the top right is the serial?

IMG_0918.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,724 Views)

That is correct

Shalini M.
Partner Development Engineer
Alliance Partner Network
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,708 Views)