Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7332 is not detected in MAX

Hi,

We have a PCI NI7332 motion controller purchased with us. We installed the drivers and softwares  from the cd that comes with the package. The problem is PCI NI7332 showing as NI7330 in MAX . Anyway its listing the two axis in max. When i tried to connect an encoder and read it in MAX nothing is happening.  Do i have to change any setting when using the board for the first time?

With regards,

Jerry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,700 Views)

Jerry, 

I don't quite understand this:

" The problem is PCI NI7332 showing as NI7330 in MAX . Anyway its listing the two axis in max. "

I'm assuming that the board just isn't showing up in NI-MAX.  If you are running Windows, I would go to the Device Manager on your machine and make sure the computer is recognizing it first (I'm not familiar with the Mac equivalent of this).  If the computer is not recognizing it as a piece of hardward installed on the motherborrd, there may be a bad connection.  Restarting the computer is also not a bad idea just to make sure everything is operating correctly.

Hope you get it figured out.

Adam

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,031 Views)

Jerry, 

I don't quite understand this:

" The problem is PCI NI7332 showing as NI7330 in MAX . Anyway its listing the two axis in max. "

I'm assuming that the board just isn't showing up in NI-MAX.  If you are running Windows, I would go to the Device Manager on your machine and make sure the computer is recognizing it first (I'm not familiar with the Mac equivalent of this).  If the computer is not recognizing it as a piece of hardward installed on the motherborrd, there may be a bad connection.  Restarting the computer is also not a bad idea just to make sure everything is operating correctly.

Hope you get it figured out.

Adam

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,031 Views)

I am having this problem.

Max reports a PCI7330, not 7332.

I don't have the "Motion Control Settings" under "Default settings" in any of the 2 axes.

I can get motors to run, but not being able to tune the PID constants, movements are not what I need (I have serious steady state error and oscillation huntin for position).

HELP!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,070 Views)