From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question on using NI-DAQ6.9.x

Hi.
I am a freshman in this field.
Last year, we uesd lab-PC+ with NI-DAQ4.8.5 by using C++ and windows95 as the working platform.But, recently, I have downloaded and installed the newest version NI-DAQ6.9.x.After that, I cannot drive a machine (no response) when I ran a previous c++ program which worked before.I want to know that "Do I need to change the code in the c++ program or hardware setting of the lab-pc+ when I use NI-DAQ6.9.x?"
please Help me in anyway!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,961 Views)
First, the board needs to be configured in our configuration tools "Measurement and Automation Explorer" (MAX). You should see it on your desktop. You can test the board in MAX to make sure it is configured and functioning. Then, make sure the C++ program is using the right device number that is shown in MAX. If you are having trouble getting the board configured, you should contact our tech support via http://www.ni.com/ask.

Best Regards,

Chris Matthews
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,961 Views)
I would also check if the version of NI-DAQ you installed on your machine actually supports your card.There have been many versions of NI-DAQ since 4.8.5 so it is possible that support for the lab-pc+ was dropped in this version or a previous version of NI-DAQ. For a complete list of unsupported hardware, refer to the ReadMe file included with the NI-DAQ installation files.

Regards,
Azucena
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,961 Views)
Also, did you uninstall the previous version of NI-DAQ before installing the new version. If you did not, there may be problems. Go into Windows' Add/Remove Programs and uninstall any NI-DAQ references that are there. Then try to reinstall the NI-DAQ version you downloaded from the website.

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,961 Views)