Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nipaul.dll problems with NiDAQ 6.9.3

NiDAQ still won�t run on mine or several other WinXP machines that I support. The programs fail when loading nipalu.dll. I�ve tried NiDAQ 6.1, 6.9.2 and 6.9.3 with no success. Some programs supplied by National Instruments also fail at this point.

My program drives the DAQCard-1200 and calls:
AI_Read()
DIG_Out_Port()
Init_DA_Brds()
DIG_Prt_Config()

Are there any 3rd party libraries I can use with Visual C++ to replace NiDAQ? We need to send the programs out soon.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,100 Views)
Greetings Rob,
If you have NI-DAQ 6.9.2 or 6.9.3, then you should have NI-PAL 1.5.6f0 (or higher). The tool attached below should allow us to correct the behavior that you are observing. Most commonly, the commandline "palbase.exe -s 44000000" followed by a reboot will do the trick. If this does not resolve the issue, then I would recommend contacting our email support at http://www.ni.com/ask. I am confident that we will have your software running smoothly within an email or two.

Sincerely,
Jeremiah
Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,100 Views)
I tried palbase and it said:

Error: nipalu.dll library not found.

I rebooted and nothing improved.
I ran palbase again in my system32 folder, where nipalu.dll is located and received the same message.

I filled out the www.ni.com/ask screen to get more help as you suggested.

Please let me know what else to try.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,100 Views)
UPDATE: See the following National Instruments KnowledgeBase for additional information:

KnowledgeBase 2Q1HG8A6: "Unusual Error Messages Loading, Executing, or Debugging Application When Us...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,100 Views)