Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add the second X- Axis in the Graph

I need to have 2 lables for the X-Axis. So I was wondering if I can 2 X-Axises or is there anyway I can lable 2 different numbers on the X-Axis. Lets say my X axis is Frequency and this Frequency is a function of Depth. I would like to be able to label both Frequency and Depth in the same plot
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,168 Views)
Unfortunately, CNiGraph only supports multiple axes on the Y axis - there can be only one X axis per graph. I'm not completely sure what you mean by labelling two different numbers on the X axis. What would that look like? You might be able to do this with a custom value pair.

- Elton
Message 2 of 6
(3,168 Views)
I need to present my data in terms of Frequency and also Depth (Depth is a function of Frequency). I need to label both Frequency and Depth on X scale. Frequency on the first line (X axis) and Depth below the frequency. The relation between Frequency and Depth also depends on other variable. So you have to calculate the relation each time you plot it. Can I still use Valuepairs?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,168 Views)
You might be able to use a custom value pair for this, but it won't let you have the frequency and the depth on separate lines - you would have to represent both on the same line. I don't think that there's a way to do exactly what you're wanting in the current version of CNiGraph.

- Elton
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,168 Views)
I also need a second X-Axis for a similar purpose. If anybody has a solution, please let me know!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,168 Views)
There is not a way to do this with CNiGraph. The .NET graph that is shipping with Measurement Studio 7.0, though, does support an unlimited number of X and Y axes.

- Elton
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,168 Views)