From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i setup visual c++ 2008 to use measurement studio tools and NI-9401 digital inputs?

Thanks to all, you have been great help!

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(4,416 Views)
BTW, when I go to the above section of the help I get this:

The topic you attempted to locate is unavailable.

I am using H2 viewer because Measurement Studio for Visual Studio .NET is not compatible with Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition. Is there something I am missing? There are a lot of dead ends in the help.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(4,415 Views)
My best guess is that if you did not have VS2005 on the machine when you installed Measurement Studio, the installer did not (could not) register the MStudio namespace with the help system. This would mean that H2Viewer does not know about the various help files that make up the MStudio help. So, if you open one help file and click on a link to a topic that is in another help file, H2Viewer can't find that other help file and you would get the error you are describing.

To see if this is what is happening: in H2Viewer, if you go to File>>Open Namespace, do you see NI.MeasurementStudio.2005 in the list?

The only way I know to work around the issue is to figure out what file the topic is in and open it manually. You can figure out what topic a file is in by looking at the URL for the topic. The file will be indicated in the URL path segment immediately following "NI.MeasurementStudio.2005". For example, the following link indicates that the topic is in NINETDAQmxConcept.HxS: ms-help://NI.MeasurementStudio.2005/NINETDAQmxConcept/XML/Using_NINETDAQmx.html.

David Rohacek
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(4,403 Views)

I have a NI-9401 plugged into the cDAQ-9171.

how do i setup visual VB 6.0 to use NI-9401 digital inputs & outputs?

I need VB 6.0 examples. Who can help me.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(1,729 Views)

You will find some examples for VB 6.0 in the links of the following page, so take a look at those, and see if they prove helpful.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14396/en/

we would also recommend creating a new thread instead of posting in one that has been closed for a long period of time.

cheers.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(1,721 Views)