From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplicate output

I'm programming in M$ Visual Studio using C++. I used the command "ibrd(...)" to read data from an ancient age spectrum analyzer. 🙂 My program runs correctly under Windows 95, Pentium MMX (old machine). When I re-compile it under Windows XP, Pentium 4 1.8GHz. Something weird happens. I expect something like "-4.5e1" and it will return "--44..55ee11".

Any idea? Thanks!

-William
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,828 Views)
Hi,

This is a strange problem. I looked for any known issues or similar situation and all I found was a discussion posting:

"Why do I get some characters twice?"

It does provide some info, but not a definitive solution.

You can try posting this question in the GPIB forum. You are more likely to find someone that has come accross something like this on that forum.

I'll keep looking to see if I find anything.

DiegoF
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,828 Views)
I looked into my problem again. I finally find out the problem, it's on the cable. I used a 5-feet cable to hook up the new PC to the instrument and I see the problem. I tried to use a 3-feet cable and the problem disappeared. I guess the cable gives rise to long delay and somehow the fast PC receive REQ twice. Anyway, the problem is solved.

FYI, the only way to solve this problem is to use one cable, no daisy chain of short cable.

I hope this help other users.

--
Regards,
-William

Columbia Integrated Systems Laboratory
Columbia University, NY 10027
Message 3 of 3
(2,828 Views)