Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

database with MSExcel

Hello everybody, I wish all a happy new year.
Now my questions again. I want to work in my application with an MSExcel database. Is it possible to do this with an ActiveX - Control or have I to do something special, like to include header -files or libraries?
An additional problem is, that I have to store datas from my AI in a RAM (nearly 3.2 million datas) and than put it into MSExcel database. How can I do this?

Thanks

Stefan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,055 Views)
Hey Stefan. Do you like working with Excel? I mean once you get all 3.2 million cells filled with you data do you know what you want to do next? Excel only wants 65536 data points in each column and I don't know how to combine columns of data into one set of points. At 65536 you would need 48.828 or 49 columns of data. Have you tried some of the NI plotting functions? You might be able to do what you want right from within Visual C++.

Grant
Grant M. Johnson
Project Engineer
LECO Corporation
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,055 Views)
Hey Grant,
The 3.2 Million datas should be only stored in the RAM,
in the excel file will be stored 8000 datas. But I really don't know how to create an ActiveX component in visual c++ to put this data in an easy way to an excel file

Stefan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,055 Views)
consider using MSAccess instead. Write your test data from your VC application and use OLEDB drivers or ADO to open/create a session with Acces database. You will not have a limit with the number rows in an Access table, at least for your application. You do need to handle some basic SQL commands. For plotting charts, you could use NI ActiveX controls. You can get the database to crunch out some numbers and save yourself some work with data filtering
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,055 Views)