From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

am looking for any example vi's for impact/modal analysis testing. I am

Hans,

I get a results file with FRF data. We continue to develop the example features and fix bugs. Currently, tying build the example, but from where I am right now, it has been difficult to build the just the changed top-level VIs into a source distribution without including unreleased VIs. Bear with me for a bit longer.

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 28
(4,647 Views)

I am using Labview 8.5.1, cRIO 9014, NI 9233 module, Triaxial DeltaTron Accelerometer Type 4524 and Impact Hammer Type 8206. The accelerometer and impact hammer are "Bruel & Kjaer". Are there any example vi's for impact/modal analysis testing available for the specified equipment.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Waleed.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 28
(4,513 Views)

There are examples in the Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite for both LabVIEW and the Sound and Vibration Assistant for impact testing.   You can take a look at them by going to www.ni.com/trysv

They are designed for NI-DAQmx however.    You could put your NI 9233 in a USB-9161 carrier for convenient field testing.  

Impact Screen Shots.png

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 28
(4,507 Views)

Hello,
Could you please send me the same vi ? my email is hussein.shamiyi@lau.edu

Thank you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 28
(3,916 Views)

I will point you to the same link (ni.com/trysv) Kurt referenced above. The Sound and Vibration Sample Project for Impact Test has evolved some over the last few releases. Check it out.

Here is an example of work that goes far above and beyond the sample project:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-16556

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 28
(3,912 Views)

There is also complete package for impact and modal analysis available on the LabVIEW Tools Network.    This is often used at universities.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/210054

http://sine.ni.com/cs/app/doc/p/id/cs-14596

ABSignal ModalVIEW is designed to help you easily acquire multichannel sound or vibration signals from a running machine or obtain the static or dynamic loading of a structure by using data acquisition hardware. After acquiring a set of time histories, it can animate the response of a structure and show you the structure's vibration behavior at once. It helps you extract and visualize useful modal parameter information from acquired time- and frequency-domain experimental data.

ModalVIEW software is developed with NI LabVIEW, an open environment designed to make interfacing with any measurement hardware fast and simple. ModalVIEW is compatible with NI DSA hardware, including plug-in boards, USB devices, and PXI systems. With this low-cost modal testing and analysis tool, you can shorten your time to experimental measurement performance by using your existing NI DSA hardware.

Message 26 of 28
(3,910 Views)

Hi Doug, 

Could you re-post this link for software triggering on the 9234? It appears to be dead now.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 28
(2,057 Views)

Impact test sample project using the software triggering VI has been included with the Sound and Vibration Toolkit for a few releases now. I would recommend downloading the Sound and Vibration Toolkit (find it by searching for "sound and vibration" in the LabVIEW Tools Network). The full-featured evaluation is free. Let us know if you need any help!

Doug
NI Sound and Vibration
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 28
(2,053 Views)