Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XP installation problem

I have trouble with distributing software containing the CWUI component. The problem only occures under windows XP and not in all cases. When it does happen, the user gets the follwoing message when the software starts up : �Error Loading Control. A newer version needed. The default settings for the control will be used.� Then a ComponentWorks dialog box pops up telling me that the controls are for evalution only, will only work for 5 minutes, and to go to National Instruments and purchase ComponentWorks.
The same installation works perfectly under Windows 98/ME/2K and on some XPs (with and without SP1).

No components are created dynamically.

The software installation was created using Installshield latest version (Developer 8.0 and Exp
ress).
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,655 Views)
Hello

You mention it failed on some versions of XP. Did they previously have the cwui control installed on it? You can try uninstalling your software, and then making sure that you dont have the cwui control installed on the machine anymore. Look for a control called cwui.ocx file. If you find it, unregister it by using regsvr32 /u on it. Delete it after it has been unregistered, and then reboot. Then try installing your software again, make you have admin priviledges.

Check out this link for registering activex controls

I hope this helps.

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,655 Views)