Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Forms and WPF with Visual Studio 2015 C++

I have Measurement Studio 2015 and Visual Studio 2015. My PC has .net framework 4.5.2. My workstation is not on the internet. 

I got my program to compile using Windows Forms, but I ran into a license file issue, which I have not found a workaround for. I tried to use this site to generate the file, http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F96C8FE9AA34AFB886257F3D0021A4F1

I have yet to figure out how to get wpf working with C++, but did find examples and saw how it's possible with C#. 

This is my first time using Measurement Studio, so I'm still learning. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,773 Views)

Ed,

This is Ali from National Instrument's applications engineering. I'm glad you were able to login to examples which I believe is the best way to learn the material. We do have limited support for C++ but I'd highly recommend using C# since it does have updated examples and a great deal of documentation. 

Here's a general link with more resources:

http://www.ni.com/wpf/

As for your licensing issue, did a specific error appear, if so could you paste a screenshot. Additionally, has Measurement Studio ever work in the past or can you try this on a computer with internet?

Secondly, can you tell me a little bit more about this program and what kind of functions it's calling which might let us know why it's throwing a license error.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Regards,

Ali S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,739 Views)

Ali,

Thank you for the reply. 

For the licensing issue, I think I was just using framework 4.5.2 versus 4.5. The website I linked only has 4.5 as an option. 

The error is with setting up the .lic file in the project to compile anything. 

Measurement Studio has not worked on this PC in the past, and i don't have a like environment on a computer with LAN. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,707 Views)

Hi Ed,

Did switching to 4.5 make the licensing error go away? 

What version of Measurement Studio and Visual Studio are you using? Have you ever had Measurement Studio working on a different computer? What do you mean that it is not working?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,688 Views)