Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't the IVI instrume driver Wizard creates .sub file?

Why doesn't the IVI instrume driver Wizard creates .sub file when creating from an Existing Driver? I was unable to run the Attribute Editor without the .sub file.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Hy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,191 Views)
A sub file should be created. Do you have the latest IVI engine(ver 1.83)? Are you using Measurement Studio 6? Let me know what software versions you are using and which IVI driver you are using so I can try to reproduce the issue here.
Ray K
NI Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,191 Views)
Hello,

Yes, I do have the latest IVI engine, ver.183. I am using Measurement Studio 6.

I used the Wizard tool. "Create from an existing driver". I had wanted a C++ driver to work with Measurement Studio 6 in VC++6.0 . But there was none available currently from NI. So I downloaded a Legacy C driver for the Hp81110a. Then I used the IVI Driver Wizard that came with LabWindows to try to convert the Hp8110a Legacy Driver to an IVI driver. This is where it generated h/.c/.p files, but failed to produce a .sub file for me to complete building the IVI driver.

I hope that is clear.

See if you could produce the same problem.

Thanks,
Hy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,191 Views)
The sub file will only be created if you are creating the driver from an existing IVI driver. Legacy drivers have no .sub files for the utility to reference. The .sub file is just a text file, if you want to learn how to make a sub file, take a look at the Knowledgebase below.
What Is a CVI *.SUB File and How Do I Use One with My Instrument Driver?

Ray Kong
NI Applications Engineer.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,191 Views)