From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Studio-based deployment

Hi everyone,

I have never deployed the MS-involving projects so far, therefore I am a bit confused about the procedure.

I have a Visual Studio (VS2012) solution written in C++. It consists of several projects, and one of them uses Measurement Studio (MS2013) Analysis libraries. It works OK on the development computers. Now I have to create a deployment procedure. I found NI guidelines that allow deplying a Measurement Studio project using WiX. I downloaded WiX. Well, I am possibly missing something but it seems like it allows to deploy only a Measurement Studio project... while I have a pure Visual Studio solution (and by the way, WiX instructions say, quote: "Add your project to the References in the Setup project...", while I have a solution, containing almost a dozen projects... so how would I add the whole solution?).
Anyway, my questions are:
1. Am I correct assuming the WiX allows deploy only Measurement Studio-based projects?

2. If the answer is "yes" then how can I deploy my project? Should I simply copy the assemblies used to the GAC? WHat else should I be concerned about?

3. If the answer is "no", then how should I add the VS solution to the WiX setup?

Thank you!

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,209 Views)

Hi Mike;

WiX is a tool the can be used to deploy not only Measurement Studio-based projects.

Then the way that VS solution can be added to the WiX set up can be found in the following article call: Deploying Measurement Studio Application with WiX.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/764B727C9BD2C4C686257C970053D059

In step 4, describes the way that the project or projects can be added to the set up.

Message 2 of 3
(4,975 Views)

Pedro,

thank you so much for the info! I greatly appreciate!

Best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,971 Views)