Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC++ upgrade from VS6 to VS.Net 2005 problem - NIVisa.h

Solved!
Go to solution

We are late on the bandwagon and finally trying to upgrade to .Net. All of my projects have been working/compiling using Visual Studio 6 and we are upgrading to Visual Studio.Net 2005 (specifically 2005 for a reason in case you are wondering why we don't go all the way up to 2008).

I got many of my projects converted already, but lately got stuck on one.  I started getting a compiler error that it couldn't find NiVisa.h. I searched the directories and found where it was located and made sure it was in the Visual Studio directory listings to search for header files.

Now it finds NiVisa.h, but i get lots and lots of errors that seem to come straight from NiVisa.h.

Is there a newer version of the NiVisa.h header I should point to instead of NiVisa.h? Or is there some other fix or suggestions anybody has?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,784 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KingTermite

Hey King,

You get the most recent version of NiVisa.h when you install the NI-Visa driver. To fix the problems with your .h file please go to http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/fn/p/sb/navsRel/lang/en?q=Visa&x=0&y=0 download the driver, and install. Make sure you select support for Visual Studio 2005 in the installer. If this doesn't solve your problem, can you please include a listing of the errors on your next post?

Richard S -- National Instruments --Applications Engineer -- Data Acquisition with TestStand

Message 2 of 4
(6,761 Views)

Aaaaah! That's probably it. Thanks.

I uninstalled everything from NI and reinstalled to get fresh versions for .net development. I assumed it was part of Measurement Studio. I probably didn't install NiVisa.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,759 Views)
Just a follow up, that was exactly the problem. Thank you!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,743 Views)