From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC++ V6.0 ClassView Questions

I have a couple of questions about the behaviour and appearance of the
Classview Tab in the Workspace window.

1. What file defines the classes listed in that window? I ask because
sometimes my classes stop appearing in the Classview yet the files are still
there and still very much a part of the project. I have tried deleting the
class wizard file and regenerating it, to no avail.

2. What is it about a class in that same viw window that determines if the
right mouse button popup menu has the "Add Windows Message Handler" option?

Thanks,
-Mark
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,659 Views)
1. I believe that the Class View builds its information from the files in your project and caches the information in one of the temporary files it builds for the project. I would guess it is the .ncb file. Try closing VC, deleting the .ncb, and re-opening VC. It should rebuild the information from the project file. If that doesn't work, you could try deleting the .aps or .opt files. If that doesn't work, then I would suspect the header files for the classes that are missing contain some construct that VC is having trouble parsing. Of course you should back up these files before deleting them in case I am mistaken about VC being able to rebuild them.

2. A quick test seems to indicate that the Add Windows Message Handler option is enabled for classes that have an
//AFX_MSG section. VC seems to cache information about these classes in the .clw file, so if you manually add or remove this, you need to delete the .clw file and then bring up Class Wizard to rebuild it.

David Rohacek
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,659 Views)