Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using C++ in a CIN & outputting results through an intensity graph

As it stands, I have a program that creates 4 files of separate 41x41 matirces. I would like to put the C++ code into LabVIEW to illustrate real time effects using an intensity graph. How do I link my *.cpp file to the intensity graph?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,926 Views)
This would be a question better for the LabVIEW experts in the LabVIEW general category. Most people find it easiest to build a DLL out of your C++ code and export functions that LabVIEW can call to retrieve the data. The Call Library Node in LabVIEW can be used to call any DLL and return the data. Then you could plot it to the intensity graph. If you would like to post this question to the LabVIEW users, you can do so here.

Best Regards,

Chris Matthews
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,926 Views)
Chris Matthews is right on the money. It is much easier to create and use a dll than a cin. The best place for finding information for both can be found in the "Using External Code in LabVIEW". This document can be found online at our website. It can also be found when you open LV 6.1 help >> Search the LabVIEW Bookshelf >> Using external code in LabVIEW. You can also use NI's advanced search page for finding KnowlegeBases, example code, tutorials, etc. This page is found at www.ni.com >> support >> advanced search (click on the words). This launches a new webpage. What makes this search really great is that you can limit your search to the resources of your choice under option two.

Jeremy Braden
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,926 Views)