Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronizing Chai 3D( program run in Microsoft Visual studio 2008)and LABVIEW

Can you please let me know if the program worked?

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(3,097 Views)

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your mail & the program. However, we are not clear with one part. It is as follows:-

Matt wrote:-

Also, I figured out how to get the force data using the dll+ labview project I posted earlier. Basically, the force is the force that you send to device. In the exe and this dll which is similar to the exe, everytime we note the position of the device internally, we also tell the device to apply a force. The force is a function of the position. This is the force logged. If you wanted to use the (falcon) dll posted initially, you have to do this yourselve. The device force is whatever you set it to be. So if you wanted to log the force, you just have to know what the force was last set too. You could even imitate the exe with this dll by in a loop reading the device position with the VI and the send back a force to the device which is a factor of the position.

What do you mean by imitating the exe with this DLL in order to read the Position Data? How do we do that? Also which particular exe & the dll are you referring to?

Also when we started running the program, we are getting an Error Message after complilation, showing the Failure of the Device Initialization. I am attaching the screenshot of the error.

Can you figure out the reason?

Thanks,

Sauvik Das Gupta

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(3,083 Views)

I'll elaborate a bit later about how you could imitate the exe by the dll - I'll write a vi that does that. But, by exe I meant the exe you used before we got into the dlls. The one that came with the Chai3D source code/drivers. By dll I meant the dll I uploaded initially called "hdFalcon Folder.zip". However, I believe that there are timing drawbacks of using that dll, which I'll elaborate when I attach the example VI later. For your situation my most recent dlls are preferred I believe.

To get the most recent VI's working, that error 5000 is an error that the VI generates if the device wasn't found or couldn't be connected to. Possible reasons are as follows:

1. No device is connected to the computer.

2. The device was opened previously in LabVIEW and you didn't call the close VI on it and now you tried to init it again. But you cannot open an already open device.

3. You ran the Chai3D exe so that device is open in other program while you're trying to open it in LabVIEW.

4. There's another possibility but that is very unlikely so I won't mention it (it happens if a thread times out internally).

The best way to see if any of the first three are the issue is to restart the computer and before running anything (of course making sure that the device is plugged in) run the init VI. If the issue still persists, run the exe you used before (LabVIEW should be closed) and see if the exe/device work. If it does, close that exe and try to open the device using LabVIEW. If the issue still persists, I'll have to modify the dlls to include a bit more debugging code.

Let me know how it goes.

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(3,078 Views)

Dear sir ,

I am Mechatronics Engineer.I make my master degree in force feedback control of robotic arm using Novint Falcon  (Haptic Device ) and I will program it by LABVIEW. So Can you Please send to me LABVIEW driver for this device which help me to get force feedback and position feedback from it .
I need when robotic arm hit something ,I fell that robot arm hit it in four direction (UP ,down ,right ,left ) .

Kindly Please help me to get this point.

Thanks and I am soory for wasting your time .

Mahmoud Assem

E:  eng_mahmoudAssem@yahoo.com

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(2,949 Views)

Dear Matti,

kindly Please send to me labview driver for novint falcon because I need to control robotic arm using Novint falcon and program it using labview .

I need to get force feedback when robot arm hit something in four direction (up,down ,right ,left).I found someone did it but he got force feedback in one direction (down) .If you need this driver ,I can send it to you to help me to how to use it but in four direction.

Thanks and I am sorry for wasting your time. I am waiting your reply .

Mahmoud Assem

E:  Eng _mahmoudAssem@yahoo.com

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(2,947 Views)