Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software differences between USB-6229 and USB-6341 A/D boards?

I am writing code for a treadmill for wheelchair users. We are doing research with users of manual wheelchairs, and this second unit is very important for the clinic where we work. My OS is Windows 7. The Visual Studio is version 2008 (MS Visual C++ 2008).

The code is fairly well developed and has been running for 2 or 3 years on the USB-6229 DAQ board. We have built a second unit, and the people who built it tried to save a little money by purchasing a USB-6341 board (money is very tight in our research clinic, and it saved them about $1000). We were assured by NI customer service that the software would run with no changes on this slightly different board. The Analog outs and digital outs work great with this new board. However, I cannot read the analog inputs correctly. I do block reads where I read back 10 samples from 8 channels with a simple DAQmxReadAnalogF64 read. The data I get back is interesting. 2 of the channels are returning 0 or 1. 2 channels seem to have a relationship to what is going on, but is not at the right amplitiude. and the other 4 channels just have a slowly decaying signal. I have checked all 8 Analog inputs using NI Max test panels, and the A/D card is returning the correct data to NI's test panel software.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,812 Views)

Hi,

The programming for the 6229 and 6341 should be very similar, as both cards use the same DAQmx functions. You mentioned that you tried using MAX Test Panels, did you get the completely correct data when you were using the Test Panels? Also, does this codes still work with the USB-6229? Are you using differential, RSE, or NRSE connections?

Evan See
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,788 Views)

Yes, the data is completely correct with the test panels.

Yes, the code still works with the USB-6229

Using RSE.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,783 Views)

I would suggest trying one of the text based examples located at Start > All Programs > National Instruments > NI-DAQmx > Text Based Code Support. Particularly, I would suggest "TDMS Cont Acq Voltage Int Clk". Since the values are correct in MAX Test Panels, the programs should return the correct values.

Evan See
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,762 Views)

We figured it out. The 6229 defaults to RSE inputs, whereas the 6341 defaults to Differential inputs. When setting up the channel, we used the Default Config constant, so it worked on the 6229, and did not on the 6341.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,759 Views)