From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sizing CWButton control in dialog editor

I am trying to manually size a CWButton control that I've added to a dialog box in the dialog editor. When edit the properties for the control, I uncheck the Auto size and position for the control in the Advanced tab. The control size is outlined in the preview window, but when I try to click and drag on the outline the property editor disappears. If I change the size of the controls frame in the dialog editor the control is resized with it. Even with the auto sizing turned off. The ultimate goal here is to get the caption positioned beside the button rather than above it.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,017 Views)
The property pages disappearing when you click to resize the button appears to be an issue with the Visual C++ 6.0 dialog editor. This behavior does not occur in Visual Basic 6.0 or Visual Studio .NET. One workaround could be to not assign a caption to the button control, resize the button control, and add a static label control to the side of it and enter your caption there.

- Elton
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,017 Views)