Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ShowFocusMode has no effect for some Button styles

Using CNiButton.ShowFocusMode works fine for my standard "3D Horizontal toggle" button... the white outline appears around the control when it has focus. But when I create a "3D On/Off" toggle button with my own On/Off bitmaps, the focus isn't visible on the screen.

The visible focus is important in my app, because it uses a remote control. Is there a way to make the focus visible for this style of button?

Thanks,
Billy H.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,804 Views)
Hello

This definetly seems to be a problem with that specific mode for the last 3 buttons on the list. I will have to file a corrective action request so that the developers can have a look at this.

Meanwhile, I can suggest indicating the control focus in some other manner, like displaying a caption, changing control color, changing size of the control when clicked, etc.This way, the user would be aware when the button got focus, and you would not have to depend on the white outline to show up.

Im really sorry about any inconvienience this might have caused you. But with your feedback, we can look into fixing this problem for future versions.

Thank you

Bilal Durrani
National Instruments
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,804 Views)