Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registerd ActiveX Controls

When I select the Project Menu and then add Components and controls I am presented with two folders, Registered ActiveX Controls and Visual C++ Controls which are both in the .\Gallery folder.

What determines the contents of these folders? Why would I have different entries in one computer running MS6.0 and VC6.0 as compared to another? Is it a service pack issue? I can't think of what else could possibly be different.

For example, one computer has a RichText control plugin that says I have to have a license to instantiate and the other computer, with apparently the same installation, doesn't have anything similar to that. Conversely the second computer has Microsoft Forms 2.0 controls that the first doesn't have.

Grant Jo
hnson
Grant M. Johnson
Project Engineer
LECO Corporation
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,088 Views)
Visual C++ controls are MFC native controls that Microsoft provides with Visual C++. Usually this folder is the same from machine to machine. The other folder for Registered ActiveX controls displays all of the ActiveX controls that are registered in your system registry. This list of controls almost always differs from machine to machine since many, many applications install ActiveX controls.

Best Regards,

Chris Matthews
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(3,088 Views)
Thanks Chris. It turned out to be Microsoft Office 97 that was dropping the Microsoft Forms 2.0 controls into the Registered ActiveX Controls directory. I used the Microsoft Forms 2.0 TextBox control to create a CVI style text box. I can't type in it from the dialog, like in CVI, but it's easy to setup from the dialog box and the ActiveX interface is friendly. Seems like it might be something people would want to experiment with since so many people have Office.

Grant
Grant M. Johnson
Project Engineer
LECO Corporation
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,088 Views)