Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register-based programming on VXI devices s.a. HP E1472A

The problem I had is bit 0 of the status register is stuck at 1 (reset), and according the user's manual, this bit has to be set to 0 to be able to operate the switches. I wrote to this register to set this bit 0 to 0, but when I read it back, it's still 1. I can set/reset other bits of this register but not bit 0. I don't know why. Your help would be profoundly appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,184 Views)
This forum is for discussion of Measurement Studio for Visual C++. You would be much more likely to find someone who knows this in the VXI/VME forum here.

Best Regards,

Chris Matthews
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,184 Views)
Phuongtran,

Bit 0 of the Status/Control register is defined to be "Device Dependent" for reading and "Reset" for writing. Therefore, if you are believe Bit 0 of the Status/Control register of the instrument is not being properly set by the device after initialization, then it might be best to contact the instrument's manufacturer.

Regards,
Greg Caesar
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,184 Views)
Hi Greg,
Thank you for your answer. I am new to Register-based programming so I relied on the user's manual. The user manual says the status register is a read/write resgister; it is at offset 4; to reset the RF Mutiplexer (HP E1472A), write a "1" to bit 0 of the Status/Control Register, but it is necessary to write a "0" to bit 0 after the reset has been performed before any other commands can be programmed and executed.
So I should be able to change bit 0, right?
This device works on VAX system. We are trying to rehost the test program to a PC with a VXI-MXI-2.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,184 Views)