Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with components work install

Hi,

I try to install compoennts works 5.5 and I get a message which indicates that I should use Visual Service Pack 3 or later. I have installeedcService pack 6 and I have still the same message.

Any help ?

Thanks

ArnO
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,962 Views)
It's not clear what you're trying to install. There is not a version 5.5 release for ComponentWorks. ComponentWorks went from version 3 to version 6 in Measurement Studio 6. ComponentWorks++, or Measurement Studio for Visual C++, went from version 1 to version 6 in Measurement Studio 6. LabWindows/CVI had a version 5.5, and that may be what you're trying to install. Also, there is not a service pack 6 for Visual Studio. There's a service pack 6 for Visual Source Safe and for Windows NT 4.0, but the highest service pack for Visual Studio 6.0 is 5.

If you're trying to install LabWindows/CVI 5.5, please post this question to the LabWindows/CVI forum. If you're trying to install Measurement Studio for Visual Basic for Visual C++, please reply with more information about what you're trying to install and what you have installed. Thanks.

- Elton
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,962 Views)
Oops ... I had a typo at the end of that last message. I meant to say if you're trying to install Measurement Studio for Visual Basic or Measurement Studio for Visual C++, please reply with more information. Thanks.

- Elton
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,962 Views)
I want to install componentworks++ version 1.0 and I have Visual Studio 6.0 with service pack 5. The message is still the same :
"ComponentWorks++ requires Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 3.0 or later to be installed on your system..."

Thanks

ArnO
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,962 Views)
This is a known issue with Measurement Studio for Visual C++ 1.0 and the Visual Studio 6.0 service packs. For more information, please see the Knowledge Base article Why Does Measurement Studio for Visual C++ Not Install with Visual Studio Service Pack 4 or Above?.

- Elton
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,962 Views)