From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI SCXI 1000DC software & get started

Hi all,

I'm newbie at NI equipments & i'm a researcher in trouble to get started how to use this equipments.We have a SCXI 1000DC with this modules:

NI SCXI 1520 -> to measure strain gages

NI SCXI 1540 -> to measure displacement with LVDTs

NI SCXI 1430 -> to accelerometers

I need to use the 3 modules at the same time for mesurements. So, the first question that I have is if NI has some Plug & Play software to use this equipment like signal express (I now that signal express could be used with compactDAQ but i tried to plug the SCXI and nothing happens).

The second question that i have is: I have been searching for information about how to develop your own aquisition software for this equipment, one solution that I found is to use VC++, but i don't have much information about how to get the libraries and their explanation and tutorials. 

And the last question: If you develop some VC++ software there is no need to install any drivers in computer to make the data acquisition, right?

I'm not an expert at VC++ but i think i can handle.

Sorry if my questions are very newbie...

Best regards all

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,336 Views)

I forget to tell that we use a NI SCXI 1600 module for  the data aquisition

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,332 Views)

Hello,

Have you DAQmx or Traditional DAQ drivers Installed?

Thanks,

Regards

Brice S.
National Instruments France

Message 3 of 4
(5,290 Views)

Hi,

I have de DAQmx drivers and I use NI MAX to check if the device is well connected.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,283 Views)