cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-4844 OSI C++ programming

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I have an optical interrogator NI PXIe-4844 and I need to write my own data acquisition software using C or C++. Can anyone tell me how I can connect this module with my C++ application? I'm confused about dozens of new products like a DAQmx, an OSI, a Measurement Studio, a LabView, etc... What do I need for my task?

I'm sorry if I chose incorrect board for my question.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,518 Views)

Hello aanodin, 

From what I've read, LabVIEW is the only programming interface for the driver NI OSI (see Requirements and Compatibility). In other words, NI OSI enables communication with the device and LabVIEW allows you to program the driver (NI OSI). 

The PXI forum is probably your best bet for assistance communicating with the PXI 4844.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,498 Views)

Thank you for your reply, but I don't know what I have to do.

I will glad to hear anybody who knows anything else about my question. If you can move this topic to the PXI forums, do it, please.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,485 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author aanodin

Unfortunately it doesn't appear that you can communicate with the device via C++ and will instead need to use LabVIEW. LabVIEW is a graphical programming language compatible with many instrument drivers. The instrument driver for the PXIe-4844 is NI OSI. NI OSI abstracts lower level communication with the device into an API you can use in LabVIEW.

If you have more specific questions about using NI OSI and communicating with the PXI 4844, I recommend posting in the PXI forum. You can either find an existing thread or create your own. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,476 Views)

Haley N. (OR any other NI person)

I would like to publish and or sell my C/C++ software that is based on the visa.h ,visa32.lib and the associated downloads form the NI web site.  Who do I contact about the legal and or copyright aspects of this venture?  I know that that if I purchase equipment from NI I can use these libraries, but can I sell the software?  See attachment for example project.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,409 Views)

Frank, 

I'm not certain of an exact person you should get in contact with but this link provides more insight

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,391 Views)