Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement studio for visual c++ evaluation version evaluation period expired in the first day

I have downloaded Measurement Studio for Visual C++ Evaluation version from ni web site. After using the program a very short time, I have
encountered a message stating that the 30 day evaluation period has
expired. Now I cannot use the program in my first evaluation day. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, also changing the system time but these didnt solve my problem. How can I solve this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,626 Views)
Erhan,

This is very odd. I'm surprised moving the system time didn't work for you. Did you have a previous version of Measurement Studio installed on your machine? When the message pops up, are you presented with a choice to revert back to the "licensed controls"? If so, you might one to run the Measurement Studio License Fixer found in the following NI Knowledgebase (ID 2BTGHR56):

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/86256A47004E16D186256A99007BEFB7?OpenDocument

Please let me know if this doens't work.

Regards,
Azucena
NI
Message 2 of 8
(3,626 Views)
Azucena,
I haven't got a previous version of Measurement studio installed. When I try to debug my program with visual c++ or try to open the .exe file created, a message pops up saying :"The Measurement Studio evaluation period has expired!" and I can not run my program. Although I am not presented a choice, I tried the fixer and nothing is listed at licensed controls,evaluation licenses and broken licenses areas. Thanks...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,626 Views)
Just to be sure, if you are creating any controls dynamically, you would need to include their licensing string in the code, otherwise they display the eval message. Check out the following KB for more information.
How Do I Create Controls Dynamically in Visual C++ When Using MFC without the Demo Mode Message Wind...

Hope this helps

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
Message 4 of 8
(3,626 Views)
Thanks for your help Bilal. Unfortunately this didn't solve my problem since I am not creating any control dynamically.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,626 Views)
Hi Erhan,

You said you've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that didn't work. Also, you've tried moving the system time (how? by how much?) with same result. At this point my only other suggestion would be to uninstall the software, and just to be sure go to the windows registry and delete the following keys, if still present: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\National Instruments\Measurement Studio" and "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\National Instruments\ComponentWorks".
(This is safe because you don't have a licensed copy of Measurement Studio, so if you do have those entries in the registry, they are from the eval software.)
Reboot.
Now proceed to install the software once more and hopefully this time it'll take 30 days to expire, provide
d you do not move the system time ahead.

Ah! one more thing. Make sure you follow the steps outlined in the following KB so that the old controls do not stay in your VC++ project:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/60B1DE0C85624B55802568D90031AF89?OpenDocument

Good luck,
Azucena
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,626 Views)
Hi Azucena,
I haven't got the entries you told in my registry. I want to give you some more information about my system. I am using windows xp. Maybe there can be some compatibility problems? I have some similar programs installed on my machine:
NI Basic IVI Class Drivers
NI IVI Engine 1.83
NI Measurement & Automation Explorer 2.2.0
NI 488.2 1.70
NI VISA 2.6.0f7
NI VISA Server 1.0.0f4

I am using visual c++ 6.0 and trying to program test instruments by using PCI-GPIB board in my system. Maybe these can be useful. I look forward to your further help
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,626 Views)
I am facing the same problem. I beleive there is something wrong with the software as it was same in case of evaluation version of Labview. It was also expiring before the completion of eveluation period but now NI is providing a patch for the purpose. I would be thankful if any one can come up for a solution for me.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,626 Views)