Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MStudio 2010 no longer exposes some spectrum analysis API's as MStudio 2005 does?

MStudio 2005 declares API's such as ACDCEstimator(),  AutoPowerSpectrum(), PowerFrequencyEstimate(), HarmonicAnalyzer() in its NiMath.h file. I just recently had MStudio 2013 installed for my VS2010 C++. Surprising enough, these API's are no longer declared in the NiMath.h file. The project that used to compile with MStudio 2005 fail to compile with MStudio 2010 now. Desperately need an answer for this puzzle. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,876 Views)

Hi,

Unfortunately, Visual C++ has become legacy support for this version. Please see the following article for ways to work with it moving forward.

http://www.ni.com/mstudio/legacysupport/

Daniel G.
Semiconductor & Wireless
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,867 Views)

I have both (1) Measurement Studio 2013 for Visual Studio 2010 and (2) Measurement Studio C++ MFC 10 installed on my Windows 7 machine. When I just had item (1) installed, I found VCNET\Include was not there with my system. Then, at my request, I got item (2) and had that installed. Now, I have NiMath.h file in VCNET\Include folder. But this NiMath.h file does not have the ACDCEstimator(), AutoPowerSpectrum(), PowerFrequencyEstimate(), and HarmonicAnalyzer(), etc. Where do I find these missing pieces of the puzzle?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,865 Views)

The functions you have listed are only included in the Enterprise version of Measurement Studio.  If you currently have a license for Professional, the legacy support package you receive will not include these functions.

I hope this helps.

Warm Regards,

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,566 Views)