Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking errors when using ibsta

Hello,

I have been trying to write C code to automate a Keithley 2410 through GPIB.  I am using Windows XP 32-bit, and VC++.

I believe I was successful in getting a handle to the gpib-32.dll. However, I am getting a linking error when I try to use ibsta:  1>helloworld.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ibsta
1>C:\Documents and Settings\Prober\My Documents\C Programs\helloworld\Debug\helloworld.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

However, when I look through the ni488.h, I see that ibsta is a global variable.  Therefore I am confused as to why I am getting a linking error

I am following this guide: http://na.tm.agilent.com/pna/help/latest/Programming/GPIB_Example_Programs/GPIB_using_Visual_C++.htm

My code is attached 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,085 Views)

Check out the 4882query.c example located on your computer at National Instruments > NI-488.2 > Examples > Standard C > 4882query.  The National Instruments folder might be in a sub-folder of Public or Public Documents.  Look at the ReadMe.txt file first.  It contains a C++ section.  Then try compiling the example and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,065 Views)