cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Acquired Data

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Thanks in advance for the answers and sorry if this question was already asked, but I couldn't find it.

My problem is that the data that I am receiving in the computer is not the one that is entering to the DAQ, I think it has something to do with the drivers. What I should recieve is an EMG (Electromyography) signal, but I recive just noise ranging from -10 to +10

The set up that I have is the following:

Electrode -> DAQ -> PC

If I change the Electrodes or the DAQ nothing changes, but if I use another computer (keeping everything the same) it does work. The data that I get is the same using both, my program in C++ and the NI device monitor. Both computers (actually 3 of them) are using Windows7 (The one that I am using 32 bits, the other two I am not sure). I tried to install the newest drivers NIDAQ mx 14.5.1. Also, I tried to install the same drivers that the other 2 computers have NI DAQ mx 8.9.5 (this is because where I work the own the Labview 2009  version so they install everything from the CDs), which theoretically doesn't have support for Windows 7, bt they still work in the other computers. In that case I get the error -89000.

Then I thought to use the oldest one that works with Windows7 NI DAQ mx 9.0.2, in this case when I try to acquire data the program stops working, no error, just stop working. Finally if I tried with the NI DAQ mx  9.8, because is the last version of the 9.x.x drivers, in this case I get the same result as using the 14.5.1.

I have also tried to run the Device Monitor as Administrartor with compatibility with XP SP3 and nothing changed.

Any suggestion for solving this problem that does not include setting fire to the PC?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,452 Views)

Maybe there's something weird in that computer. What are the differences among them? Could you list them?

Let us know.

Jesús

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,411 Views)

Setting fire to the PC will be the lastest troubleshooting step Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,408 Views)

Sorry I cannot enter in more detail for the moment, it is national holiday this week so I cannot access to the computers themself. Which kind of differences are you interested in? The computer in which is not working is a desktop with windows 7 32 bits (even if it has 64 bits processor I think). If I recall correctly is from DELL. As I said I tried to install different versions of the DAQ mx libraries, and right now it has installed the labview packege from 2009. The other 2 computers (in which the adquisition works) are not the ones I usually work with, so I don't know by memory the details. In any case, both are laptops one mac and the other a toshiba (I think). Both of them have windows 7 and I would say is the 32 bits version. Furthermore both laptos have installed the same Labview version from 2009. Right now those are the major differences that I can think of, if you ask me more specifically I think there will be no problem in answer all the questions. 

Regards and thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,394 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JacoboFV

Ok, finally the problem was in the electrode that it was working time to time, making it appear like one of the computers was not working, it was only by chance... Sorry for the problems.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,356 Views)

Hi Jacobo,

I'm glad to hear that the problem was finally fixed.

Have a nice day!

Saludos!!

Jesús

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,349 Views)