Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting this "error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _niFgen_SendSoftwareTrigger@4" when I try to make any CNiFgen object.

Hi, I have a working project that has a few classes using the NI5411 APIs and now I want to use CNiFgen classes. After adding Core Components(Advanced Analysis, Common) and NI Device Instrument Drivers(NiFgen) from the Measurement Studio Components Wizard. Even when I try to make an object of CNiFgen(CNiFgen cnf;) I get the following error:
--------------------Configuration: puzzle - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
NiFgenInterfaceD.lib(NiFgenImpl.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _niFgen_SendSoftwareTrigger@4
Output/puzzle.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.
puzzle.exe
- 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

My APIs version is working fine and so are these CNiFgen classes(I have tried then for a dummy project). But, things start getting nasty when I try to integrate them.
Regards,
Vaibhav.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,756 Views)
It looks like you have a typical linking error in VC++. Have you made sure that all of the necessary .lib files are properly linked to?

Also, are you passing any data between your custom classes and the niFGEN classes? These will take different data types unless you have already type cast all of them to work properly together. If they don't share variables, you should be okay.

Jack Arnold
Application Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(2,756 Views)