From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get a failed to initialize error in WindowsXP

I have NiDAQ 6.9.2 installed on a WindowsXP machine. One of our programs that runs well on 95/98/200/ME machines stops with:
�failed to initialize 0xc0000142�

I then attempted to run the example program, AIOnePoint.exe, and received the same error. I compiled this program on a Windows2000 machine in VC++ 6.0 SP4 with NiDAQ 6.9.2.

Any ideas how to get my programs to run on XP?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,140 Views)
Hello;

The best way to go about that now is to completely uninstall all National Instruments Software you have on that machine and restart from scratch.

Also, download the latest NI-DAQ version (6.9.3)we have available at www.ni.com, remove from the machine the hardware you have, install NI-DAQ and reboot the machine.

Reinstall the hardware and test the boards in MAX. If everything is working well in MAX, you should be ready to go ahead and test the previous code that was giving you the error.

Hope this helps.
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,139 Views)
Thank you for your help. I uninstalled all NI software and installed 6.9.3 along with LabView Runtime 5.1 and the Visual C++ examples from the same web page. My programs and AIOnePoint still fail. Indeed, the Remote Device Access Server program also gives the same failure message. However, MAX appears to run, but I don�t have any data acquisition hardware installed to test it further.

I had to install the Visual C++ examples to get nidex32.dll, which AIOnePoint needs. My guess is that one of the DLLs is not loading properly.

Any more ideas on how to get the programs to run?

Thank you and best regards.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,139 Views)
nipaul.dll, dated Jan 7 2002, is the first DLL that fails.
I used a utility from:
http://www.michaelmoser.org/tip11.htm
to check the DLLs while they load.

Please let me know how to get this working. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,139 Views)
For the record, here is the solution to this nipal dll problem:

"Unusual Error Messages when Loading NI-PAL 6.x"
http://ae.natinst.com/operations/ae/public.nsf/fca7838c4500dc10862567a100753500/6a73ae4a1104639686256c460081528c?OpenDocument
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,139 Views)