Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to downgrade the target framework from 4.5 to 4.0?

Hello everyone,

I have a VisualStudio 2012/C++ project, which targets dotNet Framework 4.5. In fact the only reason I am using the Measurement Studio (also 2012) for this project is the Analysis library.

As soon as I installed the framework, MS2012, and added references for the assemblies I need the project started working. Everything was OK until it turned out I have to support customers

who are still running Windows XP. 😞

dotNet 4.5 is not XP-compatible, therefore I would like to use the dotNet 4.0 Analisys.Enterprise assembly... hoping it will resolve the problem The only thing is: where to find it?

I will greatly appreciate comments and suggestions: both regarding whether the whole undertaking makes sense, and if it does - where to get the assembly. On the additional note: will it affect the licensing (I had one until was guided by NI people re how to create a exe.licx file)

Thank you in advance!

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,793 Views)

Hi Mike,

Were you previously running an earlier version of Measurement Studio, or is Measurement Studio 2013 the first version installed?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,758 Views)

Hi Kevin,

before switching to the MS2013 I had a MS2008 license, which I used with Visual Studio 2008. As soon as we started using Visual Studio 2012 and Windows 7, we were unable to use that outdated version anymore, and "jumped over" to the MS2013.

Thank you,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,755 Views)

Measurement Studio by default will only install the .NET 4.5 assemblies. However, Measurement Studio 2013 offers support for Visual Studio 2010 that can be installed which would include the .NET 4.0 assemblies. Then you would be able to add those references in instead of the 4.5 references.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,739 Views)