Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i control the instrument with SCPI command by Borland C++ v3.1 using RS232 port

hi....
I've ever controlled some instrument by GPIB interface using Labview 6.0...it's really easy to implement .....but the problem is that i hvae to control those instrument under the pure DOS environment now ..so i have to abandon the using of GPIB interface and Labview ....then i choose the RS232 interface with programing the Borland C++ v3.1 and sending the SCPI command by bioscom()....but it got no response at all......so i am wonder if i can control those instrument by using RS232 interface and Borland C++ v3.1 to implement a pure Dos program????if yse,how can i do and is there any sample can be refer to ????

thank you for you help
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,932 Views)
Wow this takes me way back....... I don't remember much but I do remember using 'inp' and 'outp' and it was a pain.... If I were you I would surf the net and see if I could find some third party drivers.

Sorry,
Steve
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,932 Views)
I think you also can control these instruments through GPIB in Dos if you have the driver/examples of GPIB for DOS.I can control the instruments with Turbo C or QuickBasic in DOS.But we control the instruments with HTBasic.You can control the GPIB instrument with Htbasic.Htbasic is the product of TransEra Co..It is very famous for GPIB control.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,932 Views)