cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW to make NI6537 work in 2.5V voltage level

Solved!
Go to solution

HI ALL,

I just check on datasheet of NI6537, it shows this card work in 2.5V 3.3V kinds of voltage levels for digitial output.

But the default setup is 3.3V. So how can we set it to 2.5V (in digital output)  (using C++).

I once got one function:

int32 DAQmxSetDigitalLogicFamilyPowerUpState (const char deviceName[], int32 logicFamily);

Sets the digital logic family to use when the device powers up.

But it seems not work in my codes. Does anyone know how to set it up ?

Thanks

Liang

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,816 Views)

Hi Liang,

Please, refer to the following document on information how to setup DAQmxSetDigitalLogicFamilyPowerUpState:

NI-DAQmx C Reference Help: DAQmxSetDigitalLogicFamilyPowerUpState

Mikhail
RF Toolkits, Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,809 Views)

Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for your answer. But I once try this function in my code (at the beginning), it seems not work, because the function return a negtive value.

Even in the Measurement Studio, i set the powerup state to 2.5V, the output still shows 3.3V in the test panel.

It confused me too much and cost too much time.

Thanks anyway.

Liang

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,804 Views)

Hi Liang,

I tested a simple code with DAQmxSetDigitalLogicFamilyPowerUpState function and I did not run into any errors.

Refer to the attachment. The code simply writes 1s to port 0 and sets the Power Up state to 2.5V. Dev27 is my NI 6537 device.

Here is the software I have installed on my machine: Windows 7 (32-bit), Visual Studio 2010, NI DAQmx 9.6

Hope this helps!

Mikhail
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,800 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author leo517

Hi Liang,

Also, if you want to change digital logic level of your output from 3.3V to 2.5V have a look at the following example: Static Digital Output with Adjustable Logic Level

Mikhail
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,784 Views)

HI Mikhail ,

This one solved my problem,  But I don't know why (DAQmxSetDigitalLogicFamilyPowerUpState) doesn't work in my project.

Appreciate your help.

I spent almost half month on this small question.

Thank you

Liang 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,778 Views)

Hi Liang,

Power Up State only works for the logic level of your board when you reset or power up the system.  Once you generate any data after that point, it will revert to its default logic level of 3.3V.  The example above adjusts the correct property.  We apologize for the inconvenience and I hope you have much success with your application!

Kyle A.
National Instruments
Senior Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,773 Views)

Hi Liang,

Power Up State only works for the logic level of your board when you reset or power up the system.  Once you generate any data after that point, it will revert to its default logic level of 3.3V.  The example above adjusts the correct property.  We apologize for the inconvenience and I hope you have much success with your application!

Kyle A.
National Instruments
Senior Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,773 Views)