Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need license for CWGPIB interface?

I was wondering if I do need a license to use the CWGPIB interface?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,085 Views)
Hello Freddy,

The CWGPIB ActiveX control does contain a license. If you have Measurement Studio properly installed on your system, you already have a valid license. Note that in order to use the CWGPIB control you also need to have the driver installed (NI-488.2). Since I don't know the nature of your application, I can't advise on the usage of the control; but please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Azucena
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,085 Views)
So I absolutly need the Measurement Studio to use this ocx... I need to control a GPIB device from a Perl script. Is there any other way to do it without having to build my own OLE interface over the NI-488.2 driver?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,085 Views)
If you need to control a GPIB device from a Perl script, I'm pretty sure you can find a Win32 API import module from CPAN and you could use that to call functions directly in gpib-32.dll.

- Elton
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,085 Views)
If you want to use the CWGPIB control then yes, you need Measurement Studio. However the NI-488.2 driver provides you with several language interfaces such as VB, VC++, Borland, and CVI. I'm not sure why you need to build an OLE interface over the driver. Can't you call the ni-488.2 dll directly from Perl?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,085 Views)