Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy NIDAQMX missing nicaiu.dll

I'm trying to deploy a NIDAQmx application on a client machine.

The development PC runs Microsoft Visual C++ v. 6 and NIDAQ 7. I use no controls, just simple C++ control.

When I run the EXE file on the client machine some NI*.DLLs are missing, copying them does not work.

Then I tried installing the nidaq69.exe setup from the REDIST folder on the CD. Then I'm missing the nicaiu.dll. Copying it to the client PC, makes it want niorbu.dll. Copying that gives me an error that a dll entry point could not be found in nipalu.dll.

I suspect that I should be using a nidaq70.exe redistributable setup instead of nidaq69.exe? Why is redist/nidaq69 included on the NI-DAQ 7 CD? Where can I find redist/nidaq70?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(37,157 Views)
Hi, If you are trying to run a NI-DAQmx application, then you will need to install NI-DAQmx driver on your target PC. You can download the new NI-DAQmx driver from our web site.
NI-DAQmx Version 8.1

Regards

-----------------------------------------------------
Dennis Morini
District Sales Manager
National Instruments Denmark
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(37,145 Views)
I can't find any redistributable package on this download. I don't want to install 600 MB on the target PC. It is version 8.1, I have used Ni-DAQ version 7 for my development.

Is there a resdistributable target PC setup package for version 7?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(37,141 Views)
Hi, unfortunately there is no redistributable/small version of NI-DAQ 7.1.
See:

You can try to install all needed .dll's manualy, but I don't recommend that. To ensure a working application, you should install NI-DAQ 7.1(From NI downloadsite) on your target machine.

Message Edited by Morini on 06-27-2006 01:34 PM

-----------------------------------------------------
Dennis Morini
District Sales Manager
National Instruments Denmark
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(37,139 Views)
helo

I also have a PCI 6024E DAQ card and installed the traditional nidaq 7.1 driver

then I installed the nimdbgi.msi drivers but I now have the following error messqge :

" The procedure entry point ?toStringInterfqce@tSSVersion@@QBEXQAD@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library NIPALU.dll. "

could anybody help me please

many thx

siegfried
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(36,586 Views)

So your saying to write a custom data acquisition program in C++ for a NI data card

you must install the 800 meg nidaqmx driver package ?

That is crazy..

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(34,939 Views)