Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmxGetSysDevNames return nothing

Hi, all,

I am trying to talk to PXI 4130, 5402 and 7852R through the PXI 1033 chassis. I installed NIDAQmx version 9.8. I can see the boards' visa resourece name in MAX, such as PXI::13::INSTR. I don't know how to access a channel in  a card. So I decided to use DAQmxGetSysDevNames to get device name. I wrote some code like this:

char data[1000];

DAQmxGetSysDevNames(data, 1000);

It didn't work. data was empty.

After some googling, I changed the code to be like this or initialize the string first:

char data[1000] = {'\0'};

// strcpy(data,"whater");

DAQmxGetSysDevNames(data, 1000);

It didnt' work either. The string was empty. Can someone help? Thanks.

Another question is why there is nidaqmx.lib but no nidaqmx.dll? Aren't they always together? I don't know much about DLL.

Jasmine

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,851 Views)

Hello,

The way how your devices are recognized sounds familiar to me and I think your devices are not properly recognized.

First thing you need to check is that you’ve installed the proper driver for every board. You should have to be able then to see your devices listed by their Product Type (e.g. PXI-4130 “Dev1”). If you already installed the drivers then you can try to restart the MAX data base and restart the computer. After that I think

DAQmxGetSysDevNames will return something.

Regards,

Richard.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,810 Views)

Hi, Richard,

Thanks for your reply. I went to look for the driver for PXI 4103 but I couldn't find any online. I installed NIDAQmx and RIO. Are they drivers? Also where is dev1 or dev2 supposed to show up in MAX? I saw some text in MAX like SMU, FGEN in the left pane. You can see them in the attached pic. Are they the equivalent of dev1 and dev2? Should I use SMU in the code when accessing that board? Thanks.PXI1033.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,804 Views)