Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating cwgarph annotations with long arrays

I'm trying to display CWShape annotaions using long coordinate arrays (more then 520 coordinates). When I do so, no shape is displayed. The problem can be seen with many shape types (polygon,region,line...). Apperantly there is a limit to the size of the Xcoordinate,Ycoordinate arrays.
Is that true?
any workaround?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,089 Views)
Hello

Could you attach a small project that demonstrates this problem? Perhaps I could test this out on my end. I assume you are using the CNi wrappers instead of the classwizard generated wrappers, the CNi objects are alot more easier to use.

Thanks

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,089 Views)
I'm using component works starter kit (vb) and add the controls to the vc++ project.

I attached the polygon creation function.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,089 Views)
Hi,

I created a small VB project showing this problem.

Press the create plot key and then move the cursors

Thank you
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,089 Views)
Hello

Apparently it doesnt like a polygon shape with more than 500 coordinates, anything greater than 499 and nothing gets displayed on the graph. I have filed a corrective action request on this, but I cannot tell at this time when this might get fixed.
For now, the only way around this is to not use a polygon of greater than 499 points

Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing you. If you send in an email from ni.com/ask, if there are any updates, I can better inform you, but I cannot guarantee an immediate solution.

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,089 Views)
FYI,

The problem is not only with polygons, it occures with Lines and regions as well (I haven't checked other types).
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,089 Views)