From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Components redistribution

How to register CWUI.ocx on customer machine?
Earlier (MS ver.1) I used simple 'regserv32.exe' utility. Now (MS ver.6) if I try in the same way 'Evaluation version' message is displayed.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,947 Views)
Registering and licensing are different things. The evaluation version message means the controls are registered, but not licensed.

The controls are licensed on the development machine (where you installed Measurement Studio). Then, these licenses are embedded inside the RC file in Visual C++ and your EXE when you distribute so they are available on the distribute machine.

However, there IS a case where the licenses are NOT automatically embedded in the application. That is if you are creating the ActiveX controls PROGRAMMATICALLY, which means you aren't dropping them on the dialog, you are instantiating them in code. In this case the resource file will NOT know that you are using these controls at runtime and will not embed the licenses.

So in summary, if you are using the controls normally (dropping them on a dialog or FormView resource), then the licenses should get embedded in your application and you can distribute your EXE without getting the eval message. If you are creating the controls dynamically, then you need to put the licenses in your application manually which is described in detail here in our KnowledgeBase.

If you are distributing the source code and trying to BUILD and run on the other machine, which I'm sure you probably aren't, that won't work, because you don't have development licenses for the controls on that machine.

Hope that helps,

Chris Matthews
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(2,947 Views)