Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVI The "Go to definition" tool will not locate the declaration of a variable.

Recently, when I use the Go-to-definition tool on a variable name or a MACRO, CVI does not locate the declaration statement or macro definition for me. Instead, I get a popup window with the message
No definition found for identifier "variableName".

The tool still works for locating function definitions, but no longer finds variable declarations. I have done a compile and build, but still cannot use the tool to locate variable declarations.
I used to be able to use the tool to locate macros and variable declarations, but now I can't. I figure that I must have changed some type of setting in my project, but I cannot figure out what it might be.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,867 Views)
You'll get much better answers to this question if you post it over on the CVI Forum.

- Elton
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,867 Views)
Go to the menu in the Project Window under Options-Build Options and make sure Generate Source Code Browse Information is checked (added in CVI 6.0 if you don't see it in your version). Then mark all of your C files for compilation and rebuild. You should be able to go to definitions of macros and variables then. If that doesn't work, try another project and see if it is project specific.

Best Regards,

Chris Matthews
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,867 Views)