Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNiGraph3D: MsgBox "Error accessing the controls custom interface"

When calling CNigraph3D::Plot3DSurface(CNiReal64Vector, CNiReal64Vector, CNiReal64Matrix) under W2k I get a message box: "Error accessing the controls custom interface". The same application runs on a different multi-boot machine under Win98, WinNT and W2k. What causes this error? DLL incompatibilities?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,012 Views)
Hello

Does this error occur with all the controls or just this one? I think a problem similar to this occured when something went wrong during installation and certain registry keys were not set correctly. Try opening up an example with any control and see if this problem happens. If it does, repair the installation by starting the MS installer from the Add\Remove programs section and choose "Repair" as an option. Make sure that you are administrator to the machine you are installing on.

I hope this helps

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,012 Views)
Is this only happening on your development machine or is this happening on machines that you deploy the application to? Do you only see this error on Win2K or do you also see it on Win98 and WinNT?

- Elton
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,012 Views)
Hello,

this error occurs only for the Graph3D (the application has also a 2D-Graph which works fine).
I think the ActiveX is properly installed, since I can see the graph3D before the data is scanned. The user can rotate the view, zoom in, change the scale,...

Only when the scan is finished an the application wants to plot the data, the message box pops up.

I did not install the controls on the testing machine, since LabVIEW 6 was installed and the controls have been installed. The *.ocx have the same size/version/date as on my dev. machine. LabVIEW has no problems with the graph3D control. (I forgot to mention this in my question, sorry for that).
Are there any differences in installing the controls when used by LabVIEW and by an MS VC++ app usin
g CW-controls?

On another machine is was sufficient to call regsvr32 to the *.ocx and everything worked fine.

thank you

Steffen
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,012 Views)