Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNIVisaSession Distribution Files

I am using the Measurement Studio wizard to create a VC++ project. I'm using the CNIVisaSession class to do serial communication. What files do I need to include in a distribution package? The Measurement Studio Reference is listing only the following 3rd party files being required: mfc42.dll, msvcrt.dll, and msvcp60.dll. But the VISA session is not working after the installation. In previous applications, I have used the ActiveX control for serial communications and have included the cwvisa.ocx in the package. Is this file still being used with the new wrapper class?

Thanks,
Lyle
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,173 Views)
CNiVisaSession does not require cwvisa.ocx. It does require that you install the NI-VISA run-time on the target system. This is outlined in a separate section of the redistribution instructions page in Measurement Studio Reference.

Note that NI-VISA is not freely distributable. The target system must have a license for it. Also, the NI-VISA installer is a stand-alone installer and cannot be incorporated into your application installer.

David Rohacek
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,173 Views)
Look in the \Redist\NIInstallers\Visa directory of your Measurement Studio 6.0 CD. NIvisa252Runtime.msi will need to be installed on the machine along with your redistribution package. For more information, see the "National Instruments Installers" section in the "Distributing and Installing Measurement Studio Applications" topic of the Measurement Studio Reference. This topic can be found under Visual C++ Help>>Tutorials>>Distributing and Installing Measurement Studio Applications in the Measurment Studio Reference table of contents.

- Elton
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,173 Views)