Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

you have called a function or method requiring a measurement studio

Thought I'd give the CWDSP.FFT a try and I'm getting the following error:

runtime error 30008

You have called a function or method requiring a measurement studio product for which you are not licensed...

Is it not included as part of the Prefessional edition (rev 009 2009.08.11)?

TIA,

Ken

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,828 Views)

Hi,

What version of Visual Studio are you using and what language are you programming in?

Rohama K.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,819 Views)

There is some question as to what the version it actually is. The box has a label on it with the info in my first post, the manual that came in the box says 8.5. Add and remove has no version info. But, the control itself when calling the .aboutbox pops up a dialog that says v6 (590).

This is happening in VB6 (SP6).

Note that the same thing is happening on my partners machine. Same version of NI  Measurement Studio. Neither of us are having problems with the .net version of the library.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,816 Views)

Try using the ActiveX License Fixer. It is located on your installation CD.

Rohama K.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,800 Views)

The broken licenses list was empty. It doesn't think there's anything to fix.

Question: If I do a CWDSP.LicenseLevel the response is that I have the base analysis library.
So, does my professional edition come with the base library or the advanced library?
The manual that came in the box is very thorough, but only about the .net and C++ stuff.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,795 Views)

That's it? I'm hosed?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,783 Views)

Hi,

The Professional Edition of Measurement Studio should have the Advanced Analysis Library included. If you ran the installation from a CD labeled "Measurement Studio Support for Visual Studio 6.0" and are still having problems, then I recommend calling NI support for further assistance.

Rohama K.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,775 Views)