Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qtp

Solved!
Go to solution

Am a new bee in QTP automation script. I have two text files. One (Check.txt) is with fault code and description and another is (Ex.txt) with so many details along with fault code and fault snap shot. I need to compare both file that frst file fault code and description is available in second or not. Kindly suggest any code . Can perform this with array comparison ?

I need to filter in second file for specific content.

Thanx a lot in advance !!
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,931 Views)

Hey, 

Overall, with regards to QTP Automation, I do not think we have a direct way in LabVIEW to run these scripts. There is some discussion beginning to happen on this forum on how to use other methods (command line execution, activex etc) for this - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/how-to-call-QTP-scripts-using-labview/td-p/1245804

As for your question, the text files are really huge. You could use the "Read Text File" VI to read chunks of the text file and make a custom parser which scans beginning of each line and classifies it as error code and the remainder as the description. You will then have to match this with the description in the other text file, which will go through a similar parser. 

-Suraj Pawar

Applications Engineer

NI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,894 Views)

Hi, 

You could also have a look at this community example, which is a text file parser. It reads the entire text file and returns every sentence as array of strings. You could then use further array maniuplation functions in labVIEW to scan the strings. 

-Suraj Pawar

Applications Engineer, NI

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,892 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RoyRagan

Hey, 

Forgot to link the example in my previous post. Here it is -> https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-10662

-Suraj Pawar

AE, NI

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,887 Views)

Thanx a lot for ur valuable suggestion .Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,886 Views)