From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a CWGraph is an 'evaluation copy'

Hi,

I use "windows 8.1, VB6, Measurement &  automation"  to work for  a long time, everything is running well, but my computer broken last mouth,

then I refresh my computer and reinstall all program,

1. install VB6 with windows 8, (upgrade to windows 8.1     2 day late)

2. install NI driver 9.0.2  ( support VB6)

3. install " Measurement Studio 8.1.2 Enterprise Edition for Visual studio 6.0 " from Labview 2010 DS2 DVD ( no install Labview)

the message show "Runtime Error!  Program: H:\Distributions\MS_VS6\setup.exe      R6025 - pure virtual function call" then exit

I use my software setup file to install  & run my software( try register old version to the computer),the .exe file working well,

when I open the software with VB6 to edit,  it show cwui error "error loading control. A newer version needed. the default setting for the control will be used." 

and CWGraph is 'evaluation copy' ( the other component ex: CWButton,CWNumEdit  is OK ), How can I fix? somebody can help?

thanks!

ps: Labview 2010 DS2 DVD not for windows 8 but it's last version with  " Measurement Studio 8.1.2 Enterprise Edition for Visual studio 6.0 "

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,906 Views)

I'd guess that your Measurement Studio version isn't compatible with the OS.  If you look at the compatibility chart for LabVIEW and Windows, Windows 8 does not support LabVIEW 2010.  I would imagine that this also applies to Measurement Studio.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,889 Views)

Thanks! Dsum

I do same  install for the last computer (around 2013) , it working well

any suggest ?!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,881 Views)

What was the OS on your last computer?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,841 Views)

same! windows 8 then upgrade to 8.1

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,831 Views)

It seems like your Measurement Studio version is not officially supported on Windows 8 according to this article: http://www.ni.com/mstudio/product-lifecycle/

You could try going through re-install procedures but it seems like the installation behavior will be inconsistent and unreliable.  I would suggest an upgrade to your Measurement Studio version.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,821 Views)

thanks!

look like no Measurement Studio  version can match with windows 8.1 & vb6

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,799 Views)